Chevy Big-Block V-8 502 CID Engine - GM (19433156)
- SKU: 19433156
A BIG-INCH ALTERNATIVE TO REBUILDING
Don't bother repowering your trusty Big-Block-powered truck with a rebuild or reconditioned used engine. Our HT502 crate engine is an affordable alternative with more power and greater durability, including a whopping 541 lb.-ft. of trailer-tugging torque. That's more than the factory ever offered and more than you'll get with a stock-type rebuild.
It is uniquely suited to pre-1978 trucks, but is adaptable to a variety of applications, and it's built with our latestgeneration block casting with four-bolt main caps. An all-forged rotating assembly delivers exceptional strength and durability, while a mild 8.75:1 compression ratio is suitable for regular pump gasoline at all altitudes and engine loads.
Our assembly comes with the heads and a balancer installed. An induction system, ignition, starter, water pump and other accessories are required to finish the engine. All necessary components are available from Chevrolet Performance.
Part Number: 88890534
Engine Type: Chevy Big-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 502
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.47 x 4.00
Block (P/N 19170540): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 10183723): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel, shot peened
Pistons (P/N 12533507): Forged aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 12552296): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .480 intake / .483 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 204° intake / 209° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 12562917): Iron oval port; 118cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.07 intake / 1.73 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 8.75:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 19260993): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14"
Recommended Fuel: Regular pump
Ignition Timing: 34° Total at 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,500
- Requires the addition of carburetor, intake manifold, water pump, fuel pump, starter, distributor and ignition system (not included)
- Clutch linkage bosses are now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance
- 502 engines now have a mechanical fuel pump boss! NOTE: There is NO fuel pump lobe behind the boss.
- Comes with an externally balanced 14" automatic transmission flexplate. Use externally balanced flywheel P/N 14096987 and 11" clutch assembly for manual transmission applications
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- Replaces: 12371054, 88890534
- Sold In Quantity: 1
Auto Parts Express
When it comes to serving our customers, our staff has over 250 years of combined GM parts experience to serve you. Whether you’re looking for a part for your new GM vehicle or a part for a discontinued brand like Pontiac or Saturn, we’ve got the expertise to find the part and get it ready to ship. If you purchase your (19433156) from us, you are guaranteed to receive a genuine OEM part designed and manufactured by GM to fit your specific vehicle. All of our parts and accessories are backed by GM's Part Warranty. If you have a question, a problem, or just need help looking up a part, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
If you need more parts, select the brand you are shopping for below:
GM is one of the leaders when it comes to cranking out quality made cars, trucks and SUVs. None of that changes when it comes to OEM parts and accessories on GM Parts Online. Keep you car running GM new with OEM affordable parts and accessories with GM Parts Online.